2015 ZERO™ Zero SR ZF12.5 +Power Tank
2015 ZERO SR -1
Capable of doing 0-60 mph in under 4 seconds with a top speed of over
100 mph using direct drive, the Zero SR offers spirited riding. Fully
automatic. No shifting. No gas. More power. Higher top speed. Greater
The Zero SR is designed for riders who simply want to go faster and accelerate harder. Built for performance, the Zero SR features a 660 amp motor controller that provides 25% more power and 56% more torque. To accommodate the increased power, the Zero SR motor ensures better performance during extended durations at higher speeds.
- Game Changing Z-Force® Power Pack - 150+ Mile Range / 300,000+ Mile Lifetime: The 2015 Zero S and Zero SR feature advanced cell chemistry and battery management systems that provide greater capacity and range. Not only does the ZF12.5 power pack enable you to go beyond 150 miles, it is also designed to last the life of the motorcycle. The result of cutting edge research and development, each cell in the power pack is individually controlled and monitored to ensure maximum health. The highly efficient onboard charger minimizes charge time and can work in parallel with Zero’s scalable off-board charging systems. What does this mean? Simply put, the Zero SR leads in acceleration, range and longevity for production electric motorcycles.
- New Power Tank Technology - up to 185 Miles in the City: The Z-Force® Power Tank adds 2.8 kWh of power pack storage capacity to the Zero SR. The Power Tank can be added at any time during or after motorcycle purchase, bringing the maximum battery capacity to 15.3 kWh. With that much energy, you can expect to travel up to 185 miles in the city or 94 miles on the highway.
- Revolutionary Z-Force® Motor - up to 67 Hp, 106 Ft-Lbs of torque… and Incredibly Efficient: Zero Motorcycles designed the Z-Force® motor from the ground up to be compact, efficient and powerful. It provides you with exhilarating acceleration to a top speed of 102 mph as configured in the Zero SR. Completely air-cooled, the motor is designed to provide a fantastic riding experience minus the need for any regular maintenance. When slowing down, the motor generates electricity that is channeled back into the power pack to help extend ride times.
- Frame and Bodywork - Great to Look At. Even Better to Ride.: Aircraft grade aluminum is exclusively used in the construction of the twin spar frame on the Zero SR. It is lightweight, strong and one of the main reasons that the motorcycles handle incredibly well. Designed to have a low center of gravity, the motorcycles are highly maneuverable and responsive. The refined appearance is completed with sleek bodywork with a contemporary, aggressive and naked look. The ‘tank’ section of the bodywork features an integrated storage compartment that is both lockable and removable. The tank section can also be replaced with the Power Tank accessory for an additional 2.8 kWh of power pack capacity.
- Showa Suspension - the Magic Ride: Zero worked in close collaboration with Showa to develop suspension systems that provide excellent small bump compliance, predictable control of bigger impacts and exceptionally smooth action under all conditions. Torsional rigidity of the front end improves handling, and a hollow front axle reduces unsprung weight. Suspension settings are completely customizable to meet the demands of a wide variety of riders.
- Bosch Anti-Lock Brake System (Abs) - Powerful. Precise. Control.: The Zero SR feature an advanced Bosch anti-lock brake system (ABS) that improves control in a wide array of conditions and ensures the best braking performance, while a large 320 mm diameter carrier-less rotor increases stopping power.
- Wheels and Tires - Rolling Forward: Pirelli tires are standard on the Zero SR, providing great traction, excellent durability and road feel. The tires are mounted to stylish cast alloy wheels that feature durable wheel bearings.
- Dash and Controls - Impressive Information. Elegantly Displayed.: The dash is designed by Zero to quickly and accurately provide useful data on such information as state of charge, power output and your selected riding profile. You can toggle through three riding profiles, using the ergonomic right-hand switch gear, to better meet the needs of your ride: Sport, Eco, Custom. The dash screen features a cool blue backlit LCD display and integrates seamlessly into the front of the motorcycle. Want more information about the motorcycle while riding or at home? Try the Zero Motorcycles App.
- Zero Motorcycles App - Get Your Motorcycle Dialed: Using the Zero Motorcycles App, you can see detailed information about your motorcycle such as the time until charged, average watts per mile, total charge cycles and much more. When parked, the app allows you to set the custom riding mode’s performance profile by adjusting the parameters for top speed, maximum torque and maximum regenerative braking. While riding, your phone transforms into a customized dash that provides detailed real-time motorcycle information. Synced using Bluetooth, the app works on iPhone and Android mobile devices. The app is available in English, German, French, Spanish and Dutch. For more information, see the App User Guide.
- Direct Drive Gearing - Instant Torque With a Twist: Featuring clutchless direct drive, the Zero S is geared for rapid acceleration and maximum efficiency. With its higher output motor, the Zero SR takes advantage of taller gearing to achieve a top speed in excess of 100 mph. Without ever needing to shift, both models provide controlled and powerful acceleration until you reach your desired speed. The carbon fiber belt achieves minimal frictional losses for increased overall range and is integral to making the powertrain maintenance-free.
- Charge Anywhere - Plug in at Any Standard Outlet: The Zero SR charging system is integrated into the motorcycle and can be plugged in at any standard outlet. No additional equipment is required for standard charging. This allows you to conveniently charge in your garage, at the office or when you stop at one of your favorite places while enjoying a day out. Charging times can be reduced by up to ~75% by using our scalable off-board charging system.* *Requires optional accessories. Please see your Zero Motorcycles dealer.
- More Power. Higher Top Speed. Greater Acceleration
- City: 185 miles (298 km)
- Highway, 55 mph (88 km/h): 115 miles (185 km)
- City/Highway Combined, 55 mph (88 km/h): 141 miles (227 km)
- Highway, 70 mph (112 km/h): 94 miles (151 km)
- City/Highway Combined, 70 mph (112 km/h): 125 miles (201 km)
- Max torque: 106 ft-lb (144 Nm)
- Max power: 67 hp (50 kW) @ 4,000 rpm
- Top speed (max): 102 mph (164 km/h)
- Top speed (sustained): 85 mph (137 km/h)
- Acceleration, 0-60 mph (0-100 km/h): 3.9 seconds
- Type: Z-Force® 75-7 passively air-cooled, high efficiency, radial flux, permanent high-temp magnet, brushless motor
- Controller: High efficiency, 660 amp, 3-phase brushless controller with regenerative deceleration
- Est. pack life to 80% (city): 415,000 miles (668,000 km)
- Power pack: Z-Force® Li-Ion intelligent
- Max capacity: 15.3 kWh
- Nominal capacity: 13.5 kWh
- Charger type: 1.3 kW, integrated
- Charge time (standard): 10.5 hours (100% charged) / 10.0 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with one accessory charger: 6.0 hours (100% charged) / 5.5 hours (95% charged)
- Charge time with max accessory chargers: 2.8 hours (100% charged) / 2.3 hours (95% charged)
- Input: Standard 110 V or 220 V
- Transmission: Clutchless direct drive
- Final drive: 132T / 30T, Poly Chain® GT® Carbon™ belt
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front suspension: Showa 41 mm inverted cartridge forks, with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Rear suspension: Showa 40 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Front suspension travel: 6.25 in (159 mm)
- Rear suspension travel: 6.35 in (161 mm)
- Front brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan asymmetric dual piston floating caliper, 320 x 5 mm disc
- Rear brakes: Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan single piston floating caliper, 240 x 4.5 mm disc
- Front tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 110/70-17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70-17
- Front wheel: 3.00 x 17
- Rear wheel: 3.50 x 17
- Wheel base: 55.5 in (1,410 mm)
- Seat height: 31.8 in (807 mm)
- Rake: 24.0°
- Trail: 3.2 in (80 mm)
- Frame: 23 lb (10.4 kg)
- Curb weight: 458 lb (208 kg)
- Carrying capacity: 317 lb (144 kg)
- Equivalent fuel economy (city): 461 MPGe (0.51 l/100 km)
- Equivalent fuel economy (highway): 235 MPGe (1.00 l/100 km)
- Typical cost to recharge: 1.72
- Standard motorcycle warranty: 2 years
- Power pack warranty: 5 years/100,000 miles
- Engine Type
- Z-Force® 75-7 passively air-cooled, high efficiency, radial flux, permanent high-temp magnet, brushless motor
- Front Suspension
- Showa 41 mm inverted cartridge forks, with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Front Brakes
- Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan asymmetric dual piston floating caliper, 320 x 5 mm disc
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 110/70-17
- Rear Suspension
- Showa 40 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
- Rear Brakes
- Bosch Gen 9 ABS, J-Juan single piston floating caliper, 240 x 4.5 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 140/70-17
- Dry Weight
- Curb weight: 458 lb. (208 kg)
- 55.5 in (1,410 mm)
- Equivalent fuel economy (city): 461 MPGe (0.51 l/100 km), Equivalent fuel economy (highway): 235 MPGe (1.00 l/100 km)
- Seat Height
- 31.8 in (807 mm)
- 3.2 in (80 mm)
- 24.0 deg.
- Clutchless direct drive
- Final Drive
- 132T / 30T, Poly Chain® GT® Carbon™ belt
- Black, Yellow